Description of the CAAFC
The CAAFC is very proud to be in existence for a little over 5 years now. Our community-based organization was founded in 2009 by parents who had children with ASD or other special needs who realized the importance of improving the quality of life of all children on the autism spectrum and their families. The CAAFC is a non-profit organization that offers support, resources, and services to individuals on the autism spectrum and their family members, as well as to the intervention workers and the professionals involved in their care to ensure that they receive up-to-date information related to ASD.
The CAAFC facilitates integration and acceptance of individuals with ASD and individuals with special needs who are faced with similar problems to contribute to community wellness of families living in the Chaleur region.
Favour the growth of families connected with ASD living in our community.
Advocating for our Members
- Public representation.
- Political representation.
- Participation in committees and consultation groups.
- Collaborating with community partners.
- Collaborating with other autism centres in NB.
Information and Training
- Organizing workshops.
- Documentation available to consult on site, information packages for parents and professionals.
- CAAFC website providing information on autism.
- Public activities to raise autism awareness.
- Promotion of autism awareness activities so that individuals living with autism will have the opportunity to develop their strengths and be productive members of society.
- A listening ear and support.
- Family activities.
- Activities and social outings for children 12 years and under.
- Activities and social outings for teens.
- Parent support group